Shrinking The Planet – One Ride At A Time

Priorities, priorities, priorities…

It’s been about a week since anything has been posted on R2ADV.  That’s something that a blogger, one that is supposedly dedicated to Shrinking The Planet – One Ride At A Time should not let happen.  You see, the world is a pretty large place and it takes a lot to shrink it.  So taking a week off from writing and publishing is a big deal.  What on earth could be hindering me from my self appointed mission?

Well, a silver and copper alloy cup, about 3 feet high made me fail in my duty.  Yes, the gift of Lord Stanley has well and truly been my undoing of recent times.  For those of you who don’t know, Lord Stanley’s Cup, known in the ice hockey world as the Stanley Cup, is awarded to the National Hockey League’s (NHL’s) World Championship Winning Team.

So for the last week or so, the Los Angeles (California) Kings have been battling the New Jersey Devils to claim the right to be the 2012 NHL champions and hoist the Stanley Cup.  And on Monday night, June 11, 2012, the Kings earned that right by defeating the Devils 4 games to 2 in a best of seven series.  It was marvelous!

Now if you know a little about me and Kim, you know that we are from the northeast US, namely New Hampshire.  Why you may ask would a New Hampshire couple be happy about a California team winning the Stanley Cup?  Shouldn’t they be cheering for the Boston Bruins?  Well the answer is yes, partially.

Unfortunately, the Bruins were eliminated from the playoffs in the first round so we couldn’t really cheer for them.  So again you may ask, why cheer for a team all the way across the country in California.  The answer is quite simple really.  Our real home team is the Manchester (New Hampshire) Monarchs.  The Monarchs are the American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings and many of the players currently on the Los Angeles Kings first played in Manchester with the Monarchs prior to moving up to the Kings.  With this Stanley Cup win, six of the current Kings played for the Monarchs and four played with them this season!  Do me a favor please, post something on the Manchester Monarchs Facebook page congratulating them on their win and tell them where you are from and that R2ADV sent you.  It will help me get back to what I’m supposed to be doing, writing R2ADV.

I admit I’ve been pretty distracted as of late and with your help, I promise to get back to writing and publishing ASAP.  With Stanley Cup firmly in hand and the 2011/2012 season completed and your help, I can concentrate on my two wheeled passion versus my two bladed one.  I really need to get my priorities straight don’t I?

Advertisements

13 responses

1. Anonymous

I understand. Now, get back to work.

June 12, 2012 at 10:25 pm

2. Anonymous

Sorry ’bout that last response. I forgot to log in. NOW – you can get back to work.

June 12, 2012 at 10:30 pm

• You still haven’t logged in yet… Willy? And… did you post something on the Monarch’s Facebook page yet?

June 12, 2012 at 10:31 pm

• It's me, Willy

No that’ s not me , Mike. My name is not Anonymous

June 12, 2012 at 11:05 pm

3. tengoal

Geez – you think I can get it on the third try? …and yes – I did. Go to sleep, and THEN get back to work.

June 12, 2012 at 10:42 pm

4. A+ Matt, A+ my friend!

June 12, 2012 at 10:56 pm

5. It's me, Willy

Yes, now that you’ve received the Stanley Cup and got the hockey games temporaily out of you system, back to writing about your travels.

June 12, 2012 at 11:09 pm

6. It's me, Willy

I just heard Jay Leno saying the winner (winners?) of the Stanley Cup will be his guest (s)
    By the way.I never have to log in. When I click to post my comments, my name automatically pops up.

June 12, 2012 at 11:14 pm

7. Mike, Kim told me you were working hard at work!!! see u sunday, long day with about 150 miles, lots of dirt!!!! Really just dirt roads, with some action at the front end, then easy rest of the day, unless we have a group that wants some more at the end, like last time we could finish on that same route!

fredo

June 13, 2012 at 8:28 am

8. t100c

I guess you can be excused….this time 🙂 Although not a Canuck team, I’m pleased to see LA win. I’d have been just as pleased if it had been Jersey as I have a lot of respect for the old age and treachery of Brodeur. As long as Boston and Philly are out, life is good 🙂

June 13, 2012 at 5:00 pm

• Pardon me? Did you say “as long as Boston… is out?” Them’s fightin’ words…mister….
      Let’s see now… Where did the Habitants finish this year…? Just sayin…. 🙂

June 13, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Tell Us What You Think

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s